Have you just purchased your first hot tub? Then you must be excited to soak your worries and stress away the first chance you get. But when it comes to hot tubs and swim spas in Toronto, you need to ensure that your hot tub is in perfect condition for you to enjoy the blissful water. One of the most crucial aspects of hot tub maintenance is maintaining water health. Learn how to keep your hot tub water clean and safe with our tips and tricks.
There are three main factors that you need to keep in mind when dealing with your hot tub’s water health.
Understanding Hot Tub Water Chemistry
Treating hot tub water chemistry is similar to treating swimming pool water. The only difference in the process is due to the size and temperature of the hot tub. Addressing water chemistry is essential, as improper water conditions can impact your skin and the longevity of your hot tub. The water chemistry of your hot tub is generally assessed with the help of kits or strips. Here are the elements that create your water’s chemistry. Learning about it will allow you to comprehend test results better.
The water’s pH is one of the most important factors in ensuring proper water chemistry. The pH level should ideally be between the 7.4 and 7.6 range. This range guarantees that the water will not damage the plumbing. It also indicates that the sanitizer added is adequate and effective.
Regarding the water’s alkalinity, the average range is between 100-150 ppm. However, if your area has an issue with hard water, you may need to add additional chemicals to your hot tub water to lower the calcium level.
Hot tub kits have the necessary chemicals to check your water chemistry efficiency. Here are some of the essential items that should be included in your kit:
- You will often need to modulate pH levels, so a pH increaser and decreaser are key
- An alkalinity enhancer to control the pH levels and prevent a drastic change
- Shock to eliminate bacteria, add oxygen, and more
- Bromine or chlorine-based hot tub sanitizer to kill contaminants and bacteria
- Test strips and testing toolkit to keep the water in check
- Defoaming agent to reduce the risk of cloudy and foamy water
Depending on your hot tub use frequency, you might want to increase your water testing frequency to guarantee clean water always.
Check Your Water Circulation
Keeping your hot tub’s water circulation in perfect condition is another important step that hot tub owners should not overlook. When your hot tub’s water is circulated, it goes through the filtration system of the model to rid the water of any contaminants. Several models have automated water circulation systems that circulate the water daily. If your hot tub’s water doesn’t circulate, you must do it manually twice a day to keep the water clear. If you are using the hot tub that day, you can reduce the circulation to one time only.
Establish A Cleaning Schedule
Everyone wants to relax in a clean hot tub instead of a bacteria-infested one. Hot tubs can be a massive breeding ground for fungi and bacteria, so you must establish a proper cleaning schedule and be consistent with it. Here is a schedule that owners of hot tubs and swim spas in Toronto are usually recommended
1. When Required
- Remove silt, dirt, and sand from the bottom of our hot tub
- Remove debris and skim the surface
- Clean hot tub cover
2. Ensure Weekly Cleaning
- Clean water lines and jets with designated cleaner or white vinegar and clean cloth
- Clean the hot tub’s water lines and jets
- Inspect for any damage
- Let the hot tub cover dry and cool down
- Inspect the water level
3. Do It Monthly
- Give a chemical bath to your hot tub filter
- Inspect jets or lines for damage
- Clean the exterior of your hot tub with cleaner
- Thoroughly clean your hot tub cover
4. Remember The Quarterly Clean
- Deep clean the shell with an appropriate cleaner. Wash properly before refilling
- Remove biofilm by flushing the lines
- Soak your filter in chemical and deep clean thoroughly
- Empty your hot tub and refill
5. Annual Cleaning
- Check for damage thoroughly and inspect the plumbing, the cabinet, and the shell.
- Get a professional to check and clean your hot tub and swim spa in Toronto.
Why Choose Northern Spa For The Best Hot Tubs And Swim Spas In Toronto
If you are looking for hot tubs and top spas in Toronto, Northern Spas are the one for you. Get superior-built hot tubs with spa-like features at the best price. With Northern Spas, you can escape in your backyard and enjoy life. All you need to do is pick amongst the finest hot tubs and spas in Toronto and leave the rest to us. Relax, thanks to our A-Z service, from quick and easy delivery and installation to electrical work and water treatment. Contact us today at 905-503-0049 or drop a mail at email@example.com.